J. Harold Mitchell Company
Returning from the war, Harold Mitchell opened a horticultural and spraying business in 1947. By 1950 the business was doing well and he, his wife Jeanette, and their two daughters moved into a large farm house on Duarte Road in San Gabriel, living and working there until 1959.
Success dictated a move into their first commercial space that year where services, product lines and number of employees grew over the years as more professional landscapers discovered JHM Supply was not only a source for quality supplies – but, also a family business with personalized customer service.
In 2003 it was time to turn over the reins to the Walker family who intended to continue the philosophy of quality products and family management. Raedelle and Terry Walker have expanded twice; once to add an Altadena location and more recently taking over Carson Pipe Supply in Cypress.
With the Walker’s son Brandon joining the company in 2010 the tradition of local family run business is assured. He joined the business infusing it with his expertise in computers and IT. Brandon has connected all three stores together under one system, making JHM Supply as efficient as any product and service provider in the industry.
The Walker’s have kept the small-town family-feel business with the addition and ease of today’s technology making the company even more customer focused than the large corporate companies.